Here you will find how we (Grand Gestures NZ Limited (“GRAND GESTURES”)) collect, use and disclose your information, and how you can correct or change your Personal Information.
1.1. GRAND GESTURES promotes boutique and luxury stays and experiences (Offerings) offered by third parties (Third Party Suppliers) and facilitates the connection between purchasers / recipients of such offerings and the Third Party Suppliers (our Services).
1.2. To perform our Services we need various information from you as a:
a. Customer, being the person purchasing the Offering; or
b. Recipient, being the person entitled to redeem a voucher purchased for the Offering.
1.3. We also collect information from you when you visit www.grandgestures.nz (Website), to contact you or to otherwise market our Services to you.
2. Collection of Information
2.1. We collect various information about you. This information includes:
a. information that personally identifies you such as your name, address, email address and phone number (Personal Information), being:
- i. personal information provided by you when engaging us to provide Services, or that we require to provide our Services (including personal information of Recipients); or
- ii. personal information provided by you for any other reason, including enquiries you submit and otherwise through use of our Website; and
b. information that does not personally identify you (Non-Personal Information), being:
- i. non-personal information provided by you when using our Website or for any other reason, including enquiries you submit;
- ii. information collected by us through click tracking in relation to your use of our Website, including the content you upload and the content you access;
- iii. aggregated data, which tracks traffic to our Website, including your device identifier, server address, IP address, domain, the platform you are using, browsers used when accessing our Website, search terms you use, pages accessed on our Website, links that are clicked, and time and date of visits; and
- iv. “cookies”, which are pieces of information transferred to your computer hard drive for record keeping (more information about “cookies” is provided further below).
2.2. By allowing us to use your information (including Personal Information), we can provide you with the relevant Services you require and market our Services to you. Failure to provide, or allow us to obtain, information (including Personal Information) may result in certain functions of our Website or our Services not being available to you.
3. Use of Personal Information
3.1. The Personal Information we collect may be used for the following purposes:
- a. verification of your identity and to protect the integrity of our Website;
- b. to answer enquiries you submit with us;
- c. to fulfill our Services to you;
- d. to connect you and Third Party Suppliers;
- e. to collect money from you to complete a purchase through the Website;
- f. to provide you information, advice and guidance as part of our Services, including that is tailored to you;
- g. to monitor your use of the Website and the operation and performance of the Website;
- h. to assist in providing better Services to you by tailoring them to meet your needs;
- i. to request or obtain feedback about our Services;
- j. to provide information about our offerings that we think you may be interested in;
- k. to send you information we think you may reasonably be interested in, including by way of a newsletter;
- l. to promote or market special offers related to our Services or industry in general, including products services provided by others;
- m. to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim made by you; and
- n. for any other use that you authorise or that is otherwise authorised under the Privacy Act 2020 or any other relevant laws.
3.2. If you do not wish to receive communications from us for any of the purposes described above (excluding clauses 3.1(a) – (g), which are necessary for us to provide our Services to you), you may unsubscribe from receiving any such communications.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
4.1. We may disclose your Personal Information for the purposes described above, including sharing your Personal Information with Third Party Suppliers and their employees and officers.
4.2. We may also disclose your Personal Information to our contractors and other businesses we work with in relation to our Services or that otherwise support our business, including:
- a. marketing agencies, analytics providers and market research providers;
- b. our lawyers, accountants, auditors, insurers, financiers and other professional advisors; and
- c. IT service providers and any person that hosts or maintains any underlying IT system or data function, including cloud-based software, storage and/or systems which are associated with our functions and or activities.
4.3. We may also disclose any and all information that we collect from you when we believe release is appropriate to comply with laws or regulations, enforce or apply our client terms of engagement, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, you, our users, or others or to satisfy legal processes or governmental requests.
4.4. We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information we collect from unauthorised access, loss or misuse. However, as no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit or receive to us. These activities are conducted at your own risk.
5. Accessing and Updating your Personal Information
5.1. You have rights of access to and correction, erasure or restriction of your Personal Information that we hold. You may request that we do so by contacting our privacy officer, Damien Knowles, by email: email@example.com.
5.2. No fee is required to exercise the rights outlined above in clause 5.1. However, we may charge a fee if you request is unfounded, repetitive or excessive or we may refuse your request.
6. Advertising and Links
6.1. We may provide links to other sites, including sites of Third Party Suppliers, which may not follow the same privacy policies as us. We recommend that you check any relevant privacy policies before providing your personal information to any third party.
6.2. You acknowledge that we have no control over the privacy policies of other businesses and you agree it is your responsibility to review such privacy policies prior to submitting any personal details to them.
6.3. We may link to various social networking sites. Your personal information may be accessed and viewed by users of those sites if you submit your information on those sites. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for protecting your personal information on these sites.
7. Non-Personal Information – Website Use
7.1. By accessing our Website, some Non-Personal Information such as your IP address, device, browser and domain and the date and time of your access may be recorded in a “cookie” file.
7.2. We may use the information generated by "cookies", tracking pixels and other related technologies to:
- a. track traffic patterns to and from our Website including information like the pages you visit, the time you spend on each page, the date and time of your visit, and referring pages (pages you came from or go to);
- b. ensure advertising is being shown to the most appropriate person and limit the frequency of display for certain advertisement formats;
- c. enable you to enter our Website and use certain Services without having to log on each time and to visit restricted areas of the Website;
- d. pre-populate information on our Website to make the processes on our Website easier for you;
- e. identify and maintain certain views and options for user preference; and
- f. enable us and our affiliates or partners (such as Google and Facebook) to serve targeted advertising to you and to “remarket” to you (on our Website and elsewhere).
8. Other Use and Disclosure of Non-Personal Information
8.1. We may use and disclose Non-Personal Information in the way described above with respect to Personal Information.
8.2. We may also use and disclose Non-Personal Information for research and analysis purposes (conducted by us or a Third Party).
9. Rights to Information
9.1. The information we hold about you and the related rights we have in relation to that information (as outlined above) are held by Grand Gestures NZ Limited. Grand Gestures NZ Limited is the controller and is responsible for your Personal Information.
9.2. You acknowledge that we may transfer or licence the information (including Personal Information) and related rights to affiliates or to any third party in the process of sale or part sale of our business.
11. Applicable Law
12. Enforcement by Third Party Suppliers
13. Further Information
13.2. You have a right to make a complaint to the Privacy Commissioner in New Zealand. However, we would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns before you approach the Privacy Commissioner.